Understanding the Complexity:

  1. Life and Personhood of a Fetus:

    • Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV): “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born, I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
    • Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV): “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
  2. God’s Commandment Against Taking Life:

    • Exodus 20:13 (NIV): “You shall not murder.”
  3. In Cases of Incest or Rape:

    • Deuteronomy 24:16 (NKJV): “Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin.”
  4. Seeking Wisdom and Guidance:

    • James 1:5 (NKJV): “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”
  5. Trust in God’s Direction:

    • Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV): “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
  6. Strength and Overcoming Mistakes:

    • Philippians 4:13 (NKJV): “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
    • 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV): “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may bear it.”

Remember that these verses provide guidance and encouragement, but individual circumstances may vary. Seek spiritual counsel and prayer as you navigate difficult decisions. 🙏